1. Furnished with wings; transported by flying; having winglike expansions.
2. Soaring with wings, or as if with wings; hence, elevated; lofty; sublime. How winged the sentiment that virtue is to be followed for its own sake. (J. S. Harford)
3. Swift; rapid. Bear this sealed brief with winged haste to the lord marshal.
4. Wounded or hurt in the wing.
5. (Science: botany) Furnished with a leaflike appendage, as the fruit of the elm and the ash, or the stem in certain plants; alate.
6. Represented with wings, or having wings, of a different tincture from the body.
7. Fanned with wings; swarming with birds. The winged air darked with plumes.