1. Consisting of wind; accompanied or characterised by wind; exposed to wind. The windy hill. Blown with the windy tempest of my heart. (Shak)
2. Next the wind; windward. It keeps on the windy side of care. (Shak)
3. Tempestuous; boisterous; as, windy weather.
4. Serving to occasion wind or gas in the intestines; flatulent; as, windy food.
5. Attended or caused by wind, or gas, in the intestines. A windy colic.
6. Empty; airy. Windy joy. Here's that windy applause, that poor, transitory pleasure, for which I was dishonored. (south)
Origin: AS. Windig.