(1) The capacity of being alive; capability of living, developing, or reproducing.
(3) The state of being viable; practicability.
Viability with biological context can refer to the following:
- In biological research and experimentation, viability refers to a measure of cells that are alive.
- In pregnancy, viability refers to the chance of reaching full-tem or the shortest possible length of pregnancy that would deliver a live birth and in which the newborn is capable of normal growth and development.
- In natural selection, viability is the measure of species that survived over wide geographical limits.
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.