The ornament of woodwork upon the gable of a house, used extensively in the 15th century. It was generally suspended from the edge of the projecting roof (see verge, 4), and in position parallel to the gable wall.

Synonym: bargeboard.

Origin: Verge _ board. Cf. Bargeboard.

Retrieved from ""
First | Previous (Verge) | Next (Vergence) | Last
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.