1. One of the ends of weaver's threads; hence, any soft, short threads or tufts resembling these.
2. Any coarse yarn; an unraveled strand of rope.
3. (Science: botany) A threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
4. (Science: chemical) A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a seam.
5. A mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn. Thrum cap, a knitted cap. Halliwell. Thrum hat, a hat made of coarse woolen cloth. Minsheu.
Origin: OE. Thrum, throm; akin to OD. Drom, D. Dreum, G. Trumm, lump, end, fragment, OHG. Drum end, Icel. Romr edge, brim, and L. Terminus a limit, term. Cf. Term
Alternative forms: thrumb.