Dictionary » T » Thromboplastin



(Science: haematology) Traditional name for substance in plasma that converts prothrombin to thrombin. Now known not to be a single substance. (See thrombin).

Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page

Results from our forum

blood,plasma and serum.

... to corpuscles part. How to obtain plasma and serum? - To get plasma, you must add anticoagulant, e.g. heparin to prevent platelets release thromboplastin (one of clotting factors) that triggers the cascade reaction of blood clotting, means that after centrifugation the clotting factors ...

See entire post
by Dr.Stein
Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:39 am
Forum: Human Biology
Topic: blood,plasma and serum.
Replies: 8
Views: 4825

Chemical Name for Christmas Factor

... other names do people use for the F9 gene or gene products? Christmas factor coagulation factor IX FA9_HUMAN Factor 9 Factor IX FIX HEMB Plasma thromboplastin component PTC http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/gene=f9

See entire post
by abstemious_entity
Mon May 02, 2005 3:21 am
Forum: Human Biology
Topic: Chemical Name for Christmas Factor
Replies: 1
Views: 3014

This page was last modified 21:16, 3 October 2005. This page has been accessed 3,088 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link