noun, plural: tests
(4) (chemistry) (1) A procedure applied to determine the presence or properties of a constituent of a substance, usually by evaluating the physical or chemical changes with the introduction of a reagent; (2) the reagent used.
(5) (psychology) A set of standardized questions or exercises to determine, evaluate or measure the skill, knowledge, intelligence, aptitude, trait or personality of an individual.
(7) A means or method to evaluate or assess, such as the presence, quality, state, accuracy, effectiveness or truth of something.
(7) A trial, especially in finding out about something.
(1) To screen, examine or evaluate.
(2) To experiment.
(3) To put to the test.
(4) To undergo a test
(5) To find proof; prove.