1. One who, or that which, springs; specifically, one who rouses game.
2. A young plant.
3. The impost, or point at which an arch rests upon its support, and from which it seems to spring. Hence: The bottom stone of an arch, which lies on the impost. The skew back is one form of springer.
The rib of a groined vault, as being the solid abutment for each section of vaulting.
4. (Science: zoology) The grampus.
5. (Science: zoology) A variety of the field spaniel. See Spaniel.
6. (Science: zoology) A species of antelope; the sprinkbok.