Ruga palatina

ruga palatina --> transverse palatine fold

A masticatory vestige on the hard palate; one of several irregular, sometimes branching, crests of soft tissue that radiate from the region of the incisive papillae at their most anterior parts and extend a slight distance backward, crossing the hard palate and reaching laterally for variable distances.

Synonym: plica palatina transversa, ruga palatina, transverse palatine ridge.

Retrieved from ""
First | Previous (Ruga) | Next (Rugal columns of vagina) | Last
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.