1. The act of repeating; a doing or saying again; iteration. I need not be barren of accusations; he hath faults, with surplus to tire in repetition. (Shak)
2. Recital from memory; rehearsal.
3. The act of repeating, singing, playing, the same piece or part a second time; reiteration of a note.
4. Reiteration, or repeating the same word, or the same sense in different words, for the purpose of making a deeper impression on the audience.
5. (Science: astronomy) The measurement of an angle by successive observations with a repeating instrument.
Synonym: iteration, rehearsal. See tautology.
Origin: L. Repetitio: cf. F. Repetition. See Repeat.