Dictionary » R » Reliability coefficient

Reliability coefficient

Definition

noun

(statistics) A quantitative expression of the reliability or consistency in the measurement of test scores, for example, in test-retest reliability, or in equivalent-form reliability.


Supplement

The symbol for reliability coefficient is letter r. A reliability value of 0.00 means absence of reliability whereas value of 1.00 means perfect reliability. An acceptable reliability coefficient must not be below 0.90, less than this value indicates inadequate reliability. For instance, r =.90 on a test means that 90% of the test score is accurate while the remaining 10% consists of standard error. If the r=0.6, it means that only 60% of the test score is reliable and the other 40% may be caused by an error.

Thus, the higher the reliability coefficient is, the lower the standard error is. The lower the standard error is, the more reliable the test scores are.


See also: test-retest reliability, equivalent-form reliability.


Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page



Results from our forum


a new high-tech of plant propagation

... propagation of many economic plants. We can affirm the stability and reliability of this technology through the spread practice within 18 years ... kinds of plant will produce the next generation within 20-60 days. The coefficient of propagation of each generation is as much as 2-15 times. (This ...

See entire post
by mikney
Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:11 am
 
Forum: Botany Discussion
Topic: a new high-tech of plant propagation
Replies: 0
Views: 1811

Better than tissue culture

... propagation of most economic plants. We can affirm the stability and reliability of this technology through the spread practice within 16 years ... kinds of plant will produce the next generation within 20-60 days. The coefficient of propagation of each generation is as much as 2-15 times. (This ...

See entire post
by mikney
Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:20 am
 
Forum: Botany Discussion
Topic: Better than tissue culture
Replies: 0
Views: 1839


This page was last modified 09:53, 16 June 2008. This page has been accessed 33,367 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link