1. A restangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.

2. A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar.

3. An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood.

4. [Perhaps a different word] A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements.

See: Rabbet.

Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page

This page was last modified on 3 October 2005, at 21:16. This page has been accessed 839 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link