1. A small cord covered with cloth, used as trimming for women's dresses.
2. Pipes, collectively; as, the piping of a house.
3. The act of playing on a pipe; the shrill noted of birds, etc.
4. A piece cut off to be set or planted; a cutting; also, propagation by cuttings.
1. Playing on a musical pipe. Lowing herds and piping swains.
2. Peaceful; favorable to, or characterised by, the music of the pipe rather than of the drum and fife.
3. Emitting a high, shrill sound.
4. Simmering; boiling; sizzling; hissing; from the sound of boiling fluids. Piping crow, Piping crow shrike, Piping roller, a small American tree frog (hyla Pickeringii) which utters a high, shrill note in early spring. Piping hot, boiling hot; hissing hot; very hot.
Origin: From Pipe.