1. One who hunts wild animals either for sport or for food; a huntsman.
2. A dog that scents game, or is trained to the chase; a hunting dog.
3. A horse used in the chase; especially, a thoroughbred, bred and trained for hunting.
4. One who hunts or seeks after anything, as if for game; as, a fortune hunter a place hunter. No keener hunter after glory breathes. (Tennyson)
5. (Science: zoology) a kind of spider. See hunting spider, under hunting.
6. A hunting watch, or one of which the crystal is protected by a metallic cover. Hunters room, the lunation after the harvest moon.
(Science: mechanics) hunters screw, a differential screw, so named from the inventor. See differential.