1. Involving haste; done, made, etc, in haste; as, a hasty sketch.
2. Demanding haste or immediate action. Hasty employment.
3. Moving or acting with haste or in a hurry; hurrying; hence, acting without deliberation; precipitate; rash; easily excited; eager.
4. Made or reached without deliberation or due caution; as, a hasty conjecture, inference, conclusion, etc, a hasty resolution.
Proceeding from, or indicating, a quick temper. Take no unkindness of his hasty words. (Shak)
6. Forward; early; first ripe. As the hasty fruit before the summer. (Is. Xxviii. 4)
Origin: akin to D. Haastig, g, Sw, & dan. Hastig. See Haste.