Graduated pipette


noun, plural: graduated pipettes

A slender, calibrated tube used in laboratory to measure the volume or transfer a particular quantity of liquid from one container to another.


Calibration marks are confined along the length of the stem (as in mohr pipette), or extend to the tip (as in serologic pipette).

Word origin: Old French, tube, diminutive of pipe, pipe, from Vulgar Latin *pīpa.
See also: mohr pipette, serologic pipette.

Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page

This page was last modified on 23 June 2008, at 07:25. This page has been accessed 21,682 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link