1. Having leaves, or leaflike projections; as, a foliated shell.
2. Containing, or consisting of, foils; as, a foliated arch.
3. (Science: chemical) Characterised by being separable into thin plates or folia; as, graphite has a foliated structure.
4. (Science: geology) laminated, but restricted to the variety of laminated structure found in crystalline schist, as mica schist, etc.; schistose.
5. Spread over with an amalgam of tin and quicksilver. Foliated telluium.
(Science: chemical) see Nagyagite.