1. Hallowed; consecrated; worthy of blessing or adoration; heavenly; holy. O, run; prevent them with thy humble ode, And lay it lowly at his blessed feet. (Milton)
2. Enjoying happiness or bliss; favored with blessings; happy; highly favored. All generations shall call me blessed. (Luke i. 48) Towards England's blessed shore. (Shak)
3. Imparting happiness or bliss; fraught with happiness; blissful; joyful. Then was a blessed time. So blessed a disposition.
4. Enjoying, or pertaining to, spiritual happiness, or heavenly felicity; as, the blessed in heaven. Reverenced like a blessed saint. (Shak) Cast out from god and blessed vision. (Milton)
6. Used euphemistically, ironically, or intensively. Not a blessed man came to set her [a boat] free. (R. D. Blackmore)