1. The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form.
2. The manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification; as, arrangement of one's dress; the Linnaean arrangement of plants.
3. Preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation; as, we have made arrangement for receiving company.
4. Settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a satisfactory arrangement.
5. The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written. A piece so adapted; a transcription; as, a pianoforte arrangement of Beethoven's symphonies; an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like.
Origin: f. Arrangement.