2. To make a satisfactory response or return. Hence: to render account, or to be responsible; to be accountable; to make amends; as, the man must answer to his employer for the money intrusted to his care. Let his neck answer for it, if there is any martial law. (Shak)
3. To be or act in return. Hence: to be or act by way of compliance, fulfillment, reciprocation, or satisfaction; to serve the purpose; as, gypsum answers as a manure on some soils. Do the strings answer to thy noble hand? (Dryden)
to be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; usually with to. That the time may have all shadow and silence in it, and the place answer to convenience. (Shak) If this but answer to my just belief, i 'll remember you. (Shak) As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man. (pro. Xxvii. 19)
1. To speak in defense against; to reply to in defense; as, to answer a charge; to answer an accusation.
2. To speak or write in return to, as in return to a call or question, or to a speech, decl 1000 aration, argument, or the like; to reply to (a question, remark, etc); to respond to. She answers him as if she knew his mind. (Shak) So spake the apostate angel, though in pain: . . . And him thus answered soon his bold compeer. (Milton)
3. To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification, and the like; to refute. No man was able to answer him a word. (Matt. Xxii. 46) These shifts refuted, answer thine appellant. (Milton) The reasoning was not and could not be answered. (Macaulay)
4. To be or act in return or response to. Hence: to be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, demand; as, he answered my claim upon him; the servant answered the bell. This proud king . . . Studies day and night to answer all the debts he owes unto you. (Shak)
to render account to or for. I will . . . Send him to answer thee. (Shak)
to atone; to be punished for. And grievously hath Caezar answered it. (Shak)
2. Something said or written in reply to a question, a call, an argument, an address, or the like; a reply. A soft answer turneth away wrath. (Prov. Xv. 1) I called him, but he gave me no answer. (Cant. V. 6)
5. A counter-statement of facts in a course of pleadings; a confutation of what the other party has alleged; a responsive declaration by a witness in reply to a question. In Equity, it is the usual form of defense to the complainant's charges in his bill.
Synonym: Reply, rejoinder, response. See Reply.
Origin: oe. Andsware, as. Andswaru; and against _ swerian to swear, . See Anti-, and swear, and cf. 1st un-. A statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; they were trying to find a peaceful solution; the answers were in the back of the book; he computed the result to four decimal places.
Results from our forum
... cure for all in preventing diseases. As hard as it is to do in western civilization, with the excess at our fingertips, a fast is the much needed answer for many. It also utilizes the stored fat and the energy is increased.
See entire post
I experience these. Also, I'm not ashamed to answer any questions you may have. If it's allowable by this boards administrators, and we are permitted to share this type of discussion via emailing with our personal accounts or even contact via phone ...
See entire post
... the fund we will raise (at least $2000). For every "Like" we donate $1 to the fund. Please Join. Thank you. I will be more than happy to answer any of our forum members questions, don hesitate to ask. https://www.facebook.com/bgiworld/app_326976864118224
See entire post