Dictionary » A » Alveolar macrophages

Alveolar macrophages

Alveolar macrophage

macrophage found in lung and that can be obtained by lung lavage, responsible for clearance of inhaled particles and lung surfactant. Metabolism slightly different from peritoneal macrophages (more oxidative metabolism), often have multivesicular bodies that may represent residual undigested lung surfactant.


Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page



Results from our forum


Granuloma

... of what causes it. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis rods are engulfed by alveolar macrophages. This kills about 90% of the rods but the remaining 10% evade the host cell's microbicidal ...

See entire post
by Katy_Bobbles
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:40 pm
 
Forum: Human Biology
Topic: Granuloma
Replies: 3
Views: 2929


This page was last modified 01:41, 12 April 2007. This page has been accessed 7,873 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link