Dictionary » A » Alveolar cell

Alveolar cell

Alveolar cell

cell of the air sac of the lung.


Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page



Results from our forum


Granuloma

... of what causes it. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis rods are engulfed by alveolar macrophages. This kills about 90% of the rods but the remaining 10% evade the host cell's microbicidal killing. They can do this by preventing oxidative burst, inhibit phagosome ...

See entire post
by Katy_Bobbles
Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:40 pm
 
Forum: Human Biology
Topic: Granuloma
Replies: 3
Views: 2899


This page was last modified 21:16, 3 October 2005. This page has been accessed 957 times. 
What links here | Related changes | Permanent link