Scientists in such fields as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, and medicine are currently involved in investigations of porphyrins and their numerous analogues and derivatives. Porphyrins are being used as platforms for the study of theoretical principles, as catalysts, as drugs, as electronic devices, and as spectroscopic probes in biology and medicine. The need for an up-to-date and authoritative treatise on the porphyrin system has met with universal acclaim amongst scientists and investigators.
The Porphyrin Handbook represents a timely publication dealing with the recent chemistry, physics, biology, and medicine of porphyrins and related macrocycles. This publication will be a major reference source in this field for the new millennium.
* Editors are world-renowned experts in their particular fields of physical chemistry, bio-organic chemistry, and organometallic chemistry
* Consists of several thousand pages of articles written by internationally recognized experts
* Biological relevance of porphyrins is linked to their chemical, physical, and structural features
* Clear, concise, and uniform presentation with many hundreds of figures, tables and structural formulae
* Of interest to theorists, physicists, chemists, biochemists, biologists, and medical scientists
Rating: not rated | Added on: 27 Oct 2006
Rate this book: