1. One who, or that which, jumps.
2. A long drilling tool used by masons and quarrymen.
3. A rude kind of sleigh; usually, a simple box on runners which are in one piece with the poles that form the thills.
4. (Science: zoology) The larva of the cheese fly. See cheese fly, under cheese.
5. A name applied in the 18th century to certain Calvinistic methodists in wales whose worship was characterised by violent convulsions.
6. Spring to impel the star wheel, also a pawl to lock fast a wheel, in a repeating timepiece. Baby jumper. Bounty jumper. See bounty.