Revision as of 21:16, 3 October 2005 by WikiConvertor (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)


(Science: geology) a conglomerate or grit rock, consisting of rounded pebbles sand firmly united together.

this term, derved from the grauwacke of german miners, was formerly applied in geology to different grits and slates of the silurian series; but it is now seldom used.

Origin: g. Grauwacke; grau gray _ wacke wacke. See gray, and Wacke, and cf. Grauwacke.

Retrieved from ""
First | Previous (Graylag) | Next (Grease) | Last
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.