Revision as of 21:16, 3 October 2005 by WikiConvertor (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)


(Science: anatomy) Having the form of a smooth and shallow depression; socktlike; applied to several articular surfaces of bone; as, the glenoid cavity, or fossa, of the scapula, in which the head of the humerus articulates.

Origin: gr.; socket of a joint _ form; cf. F. Glenoide.

Retrieved from ""
First | Previous (Glede) | Next (Glenoid cavity) | Last
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.