Revision as of 09:44, 13 September 2009 by Honee_v (updated)
- transport of nutrients throughout the body
- carries and delivers oxygen throughout the body
- transports carbon dioxide and metabolic by products for excretion.
- immune defense against pathogenic and harmful antigens.
- blood clot formation
- regulation of body pH and temperature
Word origin: Old English blōd, Proto-Germanic *blodam, of uncertain origin.
Please contribute to this project, if you have more information about this term feel free to edit this page.