1. Consisting of air; as, an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies.
2. Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aerial; as, an airy flight. The airy region.
3. Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy; as, an airy situation.
4. Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike. An airy spirit.
5. Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful; as, airy music.
6. Without reality; having no solid foundation; empty; trifling; visionary. Airy fame. Empty sound, and airy notions. (Roscommon)
7. Light of heart; vivacious; sprightly; flippant; superficial. Merry and airy.
8. Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.
9. Having the light and aerial tints true to nature.