HIV survival outside the body

About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

NeedSupportPlease
Garter
Garter

HIV survival outside the body

Post by NeedSupportPlease » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi all,
I am hoping that people on this forum have enough knowledge to help me with some science facts about the hiv virus. Are there any conditions in which it would be able to remain infectious outside the body?
I am really hoping you can help answer this question and confusion for me regarding the science of HIV and its transmission. I have severe anxiety and want to speak with someone knowledgeable in virology. Would the hiv virus be able to survive in the oraquick test tube solution? The solution consists of the following chemicals: "sodium phosphate dibasic, sodium phosphate monobasic, ProClin 950, Polyvinylpryrrolidone, Triton X-100, Sodium Chloride and Sodium Hydroxide". Also, if it couldn't live in these chemicals, would someone have tampered with the chemicals by adding ingredients that it could live in? Is there any possibility that one could add ingredients to make it stay infectious? Also, could the virus survive without blood, if it were to have been isolated and placed on the test pad or test stick or test tube, would it be able to survive and infect? I really hope you can help me with my severe anxiety regarding this. I took an oraquick test and am worried about possible transmission through the test. I know these questions may be odd but I have severe ocd and do not understand the fact of transmission very well. The oraquick test has hiv antigens at the strip- are those infectious? And if a live virus were anywhere on the test, would it be able to live in it and infect somehow? I know you are probably very busy but am hoping you can respond, please! Thank you in advance for your time!

Fornita
Garter
Garter

Re: HIV survival outside the body

Post by Fornita » Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 am

HIV won't infect when you talk with the patient. You can find how the HIV infect and survive on goolge. Here is the url:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV
Andrea Fortina
Genius only means hard-working all one's life.
CreativeBiomart, Recombinant protein expert

Vmedvil
Garter
Garter

Re: HIV survival outside the body

Post by Vmedvil » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:52 pm

If you added Polyethylene Gycol to the solution the HIV Virus would go dormant and survive but the HIV virus's envelope does not usually allow it to survive outside the body the envelope will break down after a very short amount of time unless it comes in contact with active living T-Cells to infect that are also outside the body, for instance, you could be infected by blood, other body fluids, or even Polyethylene Gycol solution containing HIV but never from the air.
Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
-26 Dimensional Quadratic Super String Theory