Experimenting with your body

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderators: honeev, Leonid, amiradm, BioTeam

mot375
Garter
Garter

Experimenting with your body

Post by mot375 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm not too experienced in technical terminology but lots of things interest me to do with my own human body and how I can trigger different things and just generally experiment with myself.

I have been interested in triggering different effects from use of different diets or pushing your body in different ways. I have heard and tried different things like 'runners euphoria' which triggers when you push your body hard during exercise causing a sort of morphine like effect. Also I have looked into something called ketogenis which is triggered when your body does not have enough blood glucose and your body turns fatty acid into ketone bodies which is used to cure some diseases and boosts some brain functions.

My question is if anyone knows any other activities, diets or anything else that has an interesting effect on the body?

I understand that some things can be dangerous, I am not a stupid person and won't do anything silly if it seems dangerous.

Kind regards,

Tom

TroyKoldman
Garter
Garter

Re: Experimenting with your body

Post by TroyKoldman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:14 pm

If you haven't looked into intermittent fasting which has been said to lead to increased metabolism for certain individuals you can look into that.

Albela
Garter
Garter

Post by Albela » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 pm

yes there are diets and you can search on internet

johnsmith78696
Garter
Garter

Post by johnsmith78696 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:25 pm

One of the most obvious benefits of fasting or intermittent-fasting is weight loss. However, there are also many other benefits beyond this. In the ancient times, the fasting periods were often referred to as detoxification, purification or cleansing. People regarded these periods of abstinence from food as clearing their bodies systems from various toxin and thereby rejuvenating them. Current research seems to be backing up these ancient thoughts. Examples of the purported benefits of fasting include:

- Weight and body fat loss
- Reversal of type 2 diabetes
- Improved fat burning
- Reduced blood cholesterol
- Greater energy
- Elevated growth hormones
- Improved mental concentration and clarity
- Reduced sugar levels and blood insulin
- Activation of cellular cleansing by autophagy
- Reduced levels of inflammation
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease (potential)
- Longer life expectancy (potential)

CindySmith
Garter
Garter

Post by CindySmith » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 am

johnsmith78696 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:25 pm
One of the most obvious benefits of fasting or intermittent-fasting is weight loss. However, there are also many other benefits beyond this. In the ancient times, the fasting periods were often referred to as detoxification, purification or cleansing. People regarded these periods of abstinence from food as clearing their bodies systems from various toxin and thereby rejuvenating them. Current research seems to be backing up these ancient thoughts. Examples of the purported benefits of fasting include:

- Weight and body fat loss
- Reversal of type 2 diabetes
- Improved fat burning
- Reduced blood cholesterol
- Greater energy
- Elevated growth hormones
- Improved mental concentration and clarity
- Reduced sugar levels and blood insulin
- Activation of cellular cleansing by autophagy
- Reduced levels of inflammation
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease (potential)
- Longer life expectancy (potential)
Yes, I personally tried it, The hardest part was missing a breakfast. So I just postponed it to 1 pm and dinner at 8 p.m. Also, in initial days I started it in alternate days before completely jumping in. Helped a lot. It actually very easy to implement this lifestyle.