Everything on bioinformatics, the science of information technology as applied to biological research.
Yeah, that's the whole reason I took Visual Basic last year. I made a cool little Who Wants to Be a Millionaire game. It was the final. lol
"Take four red capsules, in ten minutes take two more. Help is on the way."
----- Voice from the Medicine Cabinet
I was never allowed to do the graphical stuff in computer classes. I was too bad at them. I DID have the programming and coding down to a science though
a Python snippet which outputs
the 64 possible codons
Python - Howto
1) Install Python
2) Save above code under 'codons.py'
3) execute the code by typing the following command to the command prompt:
...and u shud have ur 64 codons on the screen
Errrrr. Would it be possible for you to explain that in english?
Okay... here u go
follow these simple(?) steps:
1) Is Python installed on ur machine ? Do it.
2) Copy-paste the above 'code' in Notepad (or ur fav text editor)
3) Save the file as 'codons.py' in ur fav directory.
3) Open a command prompt (DOS prompt under MS) and cd to ur fav directory where u saved the file
4) Execute the codons.py code by typing the following command :
That's it we'r done.
step 3 is 'saving' the file.
and it can be done in notepad itself
but for 'executing' the code u will need to use ur winXp emulator
to start this emulator: Clik on START->RUN
in this RUN dialog box type: cmd
this shud start the emulator
once this is done, issue the command: python codons.py
Thanks. I installed python a couple of weeks ago but didnt have time to do anything with it.
I ran the codon program by dragging and dropping the codon.py file onto the command prompt. Simple.
And theres my first python program
Its quite fun. you can easily add or delete bases etc. If you only had a,g and c as bases there are only 27 possyble codons.
3^3, 4^3, 5^3 (27, 64, 125,). - how you work out the numbers.
I was going to learn python and now ive been reading about bioperl (perl). I'll learn a bit of both. And see which one i like best.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests