Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I saw this on Facebook and I would like to know if it's true or not, and how so. It's been spammed quite a bit lately.
LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/ DAUGHTER/ FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES.
Bottled water in your car is very dangerous!
On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said that this is what caused her
breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause
of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue..
Sheryl Crow’s oncologist told her: women should not drink bottled
water that has been left in a car. The heat reacts with the chemicals
in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water.
Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please
be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
Pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind
we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen
or a glass bottle instead of plastic!
This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical
Center … No plastic containers in microwaves. No plastic water
bottles in freezers. No plastic wrap in microwaves.
Dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to cells in our bodies. Don’t freeze plastic bottles with water
in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently the Wellness
Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain
this health hazard.
He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we
should not be heating food in the microwave using plastic containers…..
This especially applies to foods that contain fat.
He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastic releases dioxin
into the food.
Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Pyrex or ceramiccontainers
for heating food… You get the same result, but without the dioxin.. So,
such things as TV dinners, instant soups, etc., should be removed from
their containers and heated in something else.
Paper isn’t bad but you don’t know what is in the paper. It’s safer to
use tempered glass, such as Pyrex, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants
moved away from the styrene foam containers to paper. The dioxin
problem is one of the reasons….
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Cling film, is just as
dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.
As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually
melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with
a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be share to anyone important in your life!
Keep sharing Your Daily Health Tips"
PET (polyethylene terephthalate) in itself contains no dioxins. Dioxins are products of combustion in plastics, with their formation occuring over 750 degrees F. The myth that water bottles release dioxins in response to ambient heat or freezing conditions has been dispelled by a researcher nearly a decade ago.
http://www.jhsph.edu/news/stories/2004/ ... s-two.html
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests