Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
I have a big lab test today and these are some questions i was told to study. Its an essay test so i will need to be as detailed as possible. if you can help id appreciate details! Thank You
1. The vertical distance that is in focus at any one time is called the depth of focus. Describe the effects of increasing magnification on the depth of focus?
2. Carbon chains: take 5 carbon atoms and join them in a straight chain. add H atom at all other bonding positions. Describe what happends when the third atom is attached?
3. If you were to costruct a carbon ring with five carbon atoms, would it be an isomer of the 5c chain? explain expalin explain.
4. construct the glyceral molecule- is this a simple carbohydrate? explain explain
5. does glycine exist in D and L forms. explain explain (refering to amino acids)
6. Why is sucrose a non-reducing disaccharide? explain explain
7. would you expect the concentration of proteins in a protoplasm of cells to be high of low? explain
8. what is the function of bile in digestion?
9. which is a better emulsifying agent, soap or bile? explain explan answer
10.would you expect to find large amounts of DNA in the protoplasm of eukaryotic cells? explain
11. would you expect to find large amounts of RNA in the protoplasm of eukaryotic cells? explain
12. Explain how paper chromatography works to separate the mixtures of amino acids?
13. Explain the effect of molecular weight on the rate of diffusion through a gel?
14. would diffusion of molecules through a gel be faster or slower than diffusion of molecules through a liquid?
15. what advantage would this effect have on chemical reactions in the cytoplasm of cells?
16. What kinds of molecules would be able to move in and out of cells by way of diffusion?
17. Explain how enzymes function to speed up chemical reactions? explain explain explain
18. Explain the effect of temperature and pH on amylase activity based on your knowledge of enzyme structure and function?
19. Hypothesize as to the type of inhibitor, competitive or non-competitive, that malonate might be? explain explain
20. Under what conditions would cells "choose" to perform lactic acid fermentation father than aerobic respiration? explain
21. What animal might have a lower metabolic rate than humans? why explain
22. would infants have the same metabolic rate as adults? why
23. explain why it would be advantageous for photosynthetic organisms to use a mixture of photosynthetic pigments rather than just one?
24. Explain the process of DNA replication? explain explain
Thank You. i apperciate this! any answers would help.
1) do not multiple your posts! That won't help you to get answers. Read the forum rules!
2) you should show your work, otherwise you will be esposed and told off. Noone will do your work instead of you. And that you have test TODAY is no excuse, that's only your fault. I guess you didn't get the questions today...
Cis or trans? That's what matters.
haha the test is tomorrow. my mistake. and i have all the answers. we just need ot be very specific with the information and ive found as much info as i can.
-I really was just looking for some bio majors or people who may know more detail to help me out a little.
..... The people on this sight are a little rude. guess i turned to the wrong place. my mistake! deleting account now!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests