Login

Join for Free!
118911 members


New Link between Fish and Amphibians

Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.

Moderator: BioTeam

New Link between Fish and Amphibians

Postby alextemplet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm

In my bio class, I was intrigued yesterday to learn about a new "missing link" in the evolution of tetrapods from aquatic fish. This genus is called Tiktaalik. It was discovered in 2006 and lived approximately 375mya. My instructor said that it had the shoulder and limb bones of an amphibian but fins like a lobe-finned fish, and that it probably spent most of its life in the water. However, that's all my instructor could tell me and I'm very interested to learn more about this. My textbook, having been published in 2002, is understandably silent on so a recent discovery. Does anyone else know about this organism or where I could learn more about it?
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)

Postby canalon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:04 am

I guess the better start would be here:

E. B. Daeschler, N. H. Shubin, and F. A. Jenkins, Jr. 2006. A Devonian tetrapod-like fish and the evolution of the tetrapod body plan. Nature 440:757-7639

Best viewed with a university account. And then look for paper citing this one.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)
User avatar
canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Postby enarees » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:49 am

The modification of humans is realised in water.
There are bees for mammals.
Then the Adam's sons take selffertilization in their hands.
User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am


Re:

Postby canalon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm

enarees wrote:The modification of humans is realised in water.
There are bees for mammals.
Then the Adam's sons take selffertilization in their hands.

I do not know what you are using, but I want some! I know a few people that would buy it immediately, it seems really potent...
More seriously, if you do not have anything serious to contribute it is best not to contribute.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)
User avatar
canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Re:

Postby enarees » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:38 pm

canalon wrote:
enarees wrote:The modification of humans is realised in water.
There are bees for mammals.
Then the Adam's sons take selffertilization in their hands.

I do not know what you are using, but I want some! I know a few people that would buy it immediately, it seems really potent...
More seriously, if you do not have anything serious to contribute it is best not to contribute.


I am not a merchant.

Selffertilization(androgenesis) in the Adams clan resulted the selection of human genes.

In other words - Adam was a primate, but the androgenesis extracted human genes from him.
This is the secret of the clan of the Grail. Without androgenesis the clan will die - not sons.
User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re: Re:

Postby Nad » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:48 pm

enarees wrote:
I am not a merchant.




Who is this Adam you are talking about ? Was he also using ?
Nad
Garter
Garter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Re:

Postby enarees » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Nad wrote:
enarees wrote:
I am not a merchant.




Who is this Adam you are talking about ? Was he also using ?


Adam is human ape, ancestor of the CLAN in The Bible, The Koran and The Torah.
God made Eve on Adams breast. But Adams sons are begotten like her.
User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re: Re:

Postby alextemplet » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:32 am

enarees wrote:Adam is human ape, ancestor of the CLAN in The Bible, The Koran and The Torah.
God made Eve on Adams breast. But Adams sons are begotten like her.


I don't know which Bible you are talking about, but I've read the entire Chrisitan Bible and what you are saying is nowhere in there.
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)

Re: Re:

Postby enarees » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:31 pm

alextemplet wrote:I don't know which Bible you are talking about...


Reasonable question!

Read this:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Secret/letter-engl.html

He is begotten like THEM, but is not from THEIR seed. He is "Second Adam".
User avatar
enarees
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:16 am

Re: Re:

Postby canalon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:56 pm

enarees wrote:
alextemplet wrote:I don't know which Bible you are talking about...


Reasonable question!

Read this:
http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/Secret/letter-engl.html

He is begotten like THEM, but is not from THEIR seed. He is "Second Adam".


enarees, you seem quite impervious to irony, but I will restate the last sentence of my first intervention:
myself wrote:More seriously, if you do not have anything serious to contribute it is best not to contribute.

I suggest that this branch of the discussion is closed and that if someone post, it is back on the original topic, thanks.
Patrick

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without
any proof. (Ashley Montague)
User avatar
canalon
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
 
Posts: 3909
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Postby MichaelXY » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Hey Alex. See if this link helps any.
http://www.tolweb.org/Terrestrial_Vertebrates/14952
User avatar
MichaelXY
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca


Return to Evolution

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron