Switch to full style
Animals!
Post a reply

Green Mosquito===Photos Available

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:15 am

I ve found a Green Mosquito. in my house.

2mm in lenght. Male(identified from its antena).

No record of Green mosquito in INDIA.

Some say its a mutant but rare. No evidence in Asia.

But its like green anopheles.

Help me to find what it is.

I have preserved it in 1:1 alcohol:glycerin.

I need more samples to study them.
If you have samples then please contact me on : [email protected]

see viewtopic.php?p=85449#85449
Attachments
DSCN0788.JPG
Green Mosquito
DSCN0787.JPG
Green Mosquito
DSCN0785.JPG
Green Mosquito
Last edited by sachin on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:34 pm

Green? :shock: Maybe it is alien mosquito!!! :) :lol:
I am looking forward to getting the photos ;)

I found wierd mosquito too!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 pm

I'm Indian too and I found one day a mosquito with abnormally long legs and proboscis too! It was really weird I tell you!!! javascript:emoticon(':arrow:')
Arrow

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:12 am

Awawwawawaaa you guys just raised my curiosity :twisted: Picture please picture ;)

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:45 am

Dr.Stein wrote:Awawwawawaaa you guys just raised my curiosity :twisted: Picture please picture ;)


Pictures will take some time I have lost cord of My digital camera so pls keep petiens I will post pictures aas soon as possible It may take 5 days.

I will post AS NEW TOPIC AGAIN .

SORRY BUT NO OTHER WAY RIGHT NOW.

BUT ALL I HAVE TOLD IS TRUE.
I M GOING TO SEND IT TO "ZSI"===Zoological Servey of India.
For further studies.

Re: I found wierd mosquito too!

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:53 am

pyrophoenix wrote:I'm Indian too and I found one day a mosquito with abnormally long legs and proboscis too! It was really weird I tell you!!! javascript:emoticon(':arrow:')
Arrow


It May be a BUG.
Some Bugs look like mosquito externally at glance.
if you study properly you ll find difference.

Some Bugs of heteromorpha looks like mosquito.

Culex nigripalpus

Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:58 am

is it somethin lyk this?...
http://eis.ifas.ufl.edu/imgs/cnigF2.jpg (from http://eis.ifas.ufl.edu/cnig.htm)

its a Culex sp., with blue-green highlights in abdomen and legs... but this one (Culex nigripalpus) is common in Florida (not in India, afaik)... but beware, dis sp. is a vector of SLE virus...




^_^

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:36 am

Thanx for help.

I will chek it out. :P

Re: Culex nigripalpus

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:38 pm

honee_v wrote:is it somethin lyk this?...
http://eis.ifas.ufl.edu/imgs/cnigF2.jpg (from http://eis.ifas.ufl.edu/cnig.htm)

its a Culex sp., with blue-green highlights in abdomen and legs... but this one (Culex nigripalpus) is common in Florida (not in India, afaik)... but beware, dis sp. is a vector of SLE virus...




^_^


What is an SLE Virus? :?:

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Now you have What you wanted, Now tell me What it is?

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:04 am

What happen no body is interested in Photos :roll: :?:

Reply awited........... :!:

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:33 pm

the green mosquito is soo cool! have patience ~~
Post a reply