Hello Everyone, I am new to this site.
I would like to share info with you & to remind you to always, please do your own homework regardless of what is suggested. Having said that, search all forums ie: allergies, ibs, celiac, crones etc. These forums have a wealth of info & can save us all a lot of pain & suffering & monies.
I had one of my worst IBS attacks these past 2 weeks. The bloating, gas, burping, alternating diarreah & constipation, excruciating pain was off the charts.
I was at the point of screaming, just let me die. I have lost everything over the years, due to this illness. Unable to work, unable to go out & socialize, you name it....I can't do it. I am so home bound it's pathetic. I have done the whole gamut of tests, SIBO, Celiac, Crones, etc. Everything comes back negative. I have been in 2 IBS drug studies, which almost killed me. Every year or so, I get back on line checking for up to date info.
Eliminations Diets have NOT worked for me.
I use to be super thin, now everything I eat I bloat like a balloon all over my body. Even strict dieting does not help me to loose weight long term. Water loss is about it. Then it all comes back again.
Pls. check out these things for yourselves, as we all CAN have different causes to this horrible stomach bloating & weight gain.
- Activated Charcoal POWDER FORM: (you have to take to many pills to get the same effect as 1 teasp of powder. Pills not cost effective. Any brand will do just make sure its pure, no additives. IMMEDIATE RELIEF OF GAS & BLOATING...also removes toxins.
- L-Glutamine: Rebuilds intestinal lining, great appetite suppressant, must take with B-6 for proper absorption...so I pop a high mg. Vitamin B complex with it.
This practice over the past 3 days has allowed me to even eat bread again.
- Probiotics: TOTAL WASTE OF TIME & MONEY. Here's several reasons why.... google search everything I am saying, use the right key words. Remember, most info on the net is posted by ppl selling something. Forums are a great place to find new stuff.
a) Ingesting probiotics, they DO NOT ADHEAR TO INTESTINAL TRACK. They can't.
check out the famous Australian Dr. Borody. He is the GLOBAL pioneer on this subject.
He also, over the past several years has been doing fecal transplant of friendly bacteria. Yep, you read correctly. Fecal transplant of friendly bacteria from donors, because probiotics cannot adhere anywhere, you just poop them out in a day or two.
Also, check out medical reports on probiotics & placebo effect. hmmm.
b) Intestinal Eco-Balance of bacteria is so complex. I found years ago, by studying Dr. Borody, that the best way other than my flying down there & trying his fecal transplant method (which btw: Last week I found a forum where ppl are doing their own at home!!!)
Google search: FOODS THAT FEED THE FRIENDLY BACTERIA. Years ago, Inulin
was not available in Canada. So I went to a European health food store & she ground up some AIR DRIED NOT HEAT DRIED (as heat destroys the benefits) CHICORY ROOT. Now I had my own Inulin
. lololol Today, Canada does have Inulin
in capsule form. The good bacteria will feed on this stuff, multiply at a blink of an eye and fight the bad guys for territory on the intestinal track. So be prepared for some die-off symptoms....several days & you will feel so much better. You do not want to over-populate the good guys either, as they, along with the bag guys, will expel their own toxic waste into your system, causing more gas, bloating & pain.
c) Probiotics may NOT contain the right good bacteria that your system is lacking. So if any of the billions that were put into the container are still alive by the time you ingest them, and IF out of those few some manage to make it past your stomach acids, think about it......1) are they the right ones? 2) if they have no place to stick, then what good are they? 3) if you mega dose them, then you are contributing to overpopulating a group that is throwing the balance out of whack, therefore you still have tons of bloating.
Research all this. It's best just to give the good guys the foods they need & they will do the rest to maintain the eco-friendly intestinal balance. Just remember the die-off stage.
EVIDENCE: so many ppl with SIBO complain that when they stop taking the probiotics their symptoms come back. hmmm? Now doe not that say it all.
- See an Endocrinologist: Check Thyroids, Menopause & anything else you can think of.
- Vitamin B-6 & Zinc are necessary for the production of Pancreatic Enzymes which help you to digest food. hmmm, add that to your L-Glutamine & you will not need to buy digestive enzymes. If you rely to much on the store bought enzymes, your body will forget how to make their own, and you will then have contributed to a life long problem. hmmm? lots to think about, eh? (I'm Canadian, just had to throw in our famous eh? lolol)
- FOOD ALLERGIES VS FOOD INTOLERANCE: Full blown allergies do show up on tests. Intolerance's to foods don't. hmmm, elimination diet. Here we go again, vicious cycle. As soon I manage to settle everything down & go into remission and eat normal again, for some reason, IBS will kick in again, more vicious than before.
I WANT A CURE TO BLOATING, WEIGHT GAIN & IBS, NOT A BAND-AID, DON'T YOU???
I am sick & tired of just getting things under control only to have them come back when I stop taking $$$$ of stuff.
So back to researching......here's what I have found these past two weeks on the allergy forums & even on my IBS forum.
*** BioEnergetic Intolerance Elimination *** Please check this out.
I was offered this by a friend of mine for free 2 yrs ago & refused it as quackery, because of my reading about it on Quack Watch.com. Well, this year I did my own homework on the author of that site, and found out that he is the real quack!!!
Check out: True Hope.com
Health Canada closed them down because they were using mega dosing of vitamins to heal Bi-Polar victims. Look at the videos in the "News Room" tab, especially the ones in many parts.....breaks your heart. The True Hope ppl went to the Supreme Court of Canada. Long story short, as of last yr. they are back in business and now, Globally, the entire psychiatric profession is using this treatment strategy in hospitals, even on children. A new direction of medical healing has been finally established.
And this Quack Watch guy still keeps putting them down. hmmm?
So, now that I know about him being the quack, and stumbling upon the " BioEnergetic Intolerance Elimination " method in the allergy & IBS forums, I thought, hmmm, why not.
I have tried everything out there since I was a kid (I will be 58 next mth). I read that they give a money back guarantee, no one else does that, so why not give it a shot.
I also read a pile of testimonials on many of the sites. They will blow your mind. Sound to good to be true, well maybe, but then again, so did True Hope.com & they actually are saving ppl from being locked up in a mental institution, heavily sedated, so I figured, it's time to try something outside of the box. Money back guarantee says it all to me.
It's a cure, not a band-aid, and NOT a life long commitment of seeing them forever.
1-4 visits and your done!!!
I found a teaching center of this method in Oakville, Ontario & they have a list of practitioners, one of which is close to me in Toronto. I fired off an email to her yesterday (Sat.) & will set up an app't to get the ball rolling.
I will let you all know IF this works or not. Keep your fingers crossed for me, because IF it does work, then it's worth for you to also check it out.
In the mean time, do your own homework on this method.
Read all the testimonial.....I am sure some of them will resonate with you too.
Check out their video: http://www.soulembassy.com/treatment.html
NOTE: I am not selling anything, just sharing! And thank God, that I finally tried the Activated Charcoal powder......my tummy which was on the verge of exploding, when down many inches within a day.
Also check out:
- Low Fodmap Diet by Sue Shepherd (New news for IBS.....this too may help inspire new ideas for you, even if you don't have IBS)
- What is Fructose Malabsorption Disorder? http://avthompson.wordpress.com/what-is ... -disorder/
- Fructose Malabsorption Disorderhttp://sites.google.com/site/fructmal/
***The Diet Cure, take their FREE Quick Symptom Questionnairehttp://www.dietcure.com/Questionnairea.html#
I hope that the info above will help someone out there. Remember, do your own homework.