Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.
1. Which is correct regarding catabolic pathway?
A. form complex molecule from simple molecule
B. supply ATP to anabolic pathway
C. endergonic reaction that degrade complex molecule to simple molecule
D. spontaneous and do not require enzyme
E. an example is forming glycogen from glucose
My answer: D
2. Which of the following thermodynamic changes occur when amino acid is converted to protein?
A. +deltaH, -deltaS, +deltaG
B. +deltaH, -deltaS, -deltaG
C. +deltaH, +deltaS, +deltaG
D. -deltaH, -deltaS, +deltaG
E. -deltaH, +deltaS, +deltaG
My answer: A
3. Choose the enzyme that displace electron from organic molecule during respiration?
B. ATP synthase
My answer: D
4. Starting from 1 molecule of acetyl CoA, the maximum number of ATP that can be generated from substrate level phosphorylation is
E. more than 20
My answer: D
5. Fermentation do not produce as much energy as aerobic respiration because
A. fermentation do not occur in specific membrane bound organelle
B. pyruvate can still be reduced to form energy
C. fermentation occur in mitochondria
D. during fermentation, ATP is generated by oxidative phosphorylation
E. NAD+ is regenerated during alcohol/lactate formation without going to electron transfer chain
My answer: E
I've given a try-
1.A the definition of catabolism.
2. Ans. is other than B & E. IN the presence of GTP & all the process has -deltaG & the original AA to Prot reaction has been combined with the GTP hydrolysis as its individual deltaG is positive. MOre than that for deltaG to be positive u can't have -deltaH along with +deltaS. I'm seeing for more info.
3.D, same as u.
4.A, substrate level produces one per Acetyl-CoA...surely one of us is commiting a blunder!
5.B, seems to be the main cause...
Correct me whereever.
catabolic=(Science: biochemistry) Of or pertaining to catabolism; as, catabolic processes, which give rise to substances (catastates) of decreasing complexity and increasing stability.
help me , i'm a bit confused here.
sugar formation is catabolism, so my ans is correct no?
that is correct but note that the full sentence for c says
endergonic reaction that degrade complex molecule to simple molecule
that is wrong
OH! sugar formation isn't catabolism, sorry but if the answer is see then no catabolic process[ eg. respiration reactions] should require enzymes...they are spontaneous, but they still require enzymes to achieve the time deadline.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests