Login

Join for Free!
112226 members


"Twenty questions"-biology game

Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.

Moderator: BioTeam

Postby alextemplet » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:13 am

Is it an antibody?
Does it involve blood clotting?
Is it found in the animal's blood?
Does it have to do with resistance to viruses?
Is it seeing anybody? :lol:

Sorry about that last one, I was stumped and needed some comic relief. :P
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)

Postby Dr.Stein » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 am

alextemplet wrote:Is it an antibody?
Does it involve blood clotting?
Is it found in the animal's blood?
Does it have to do with resistance to viruses?
Is it seeing anybody? :lol:

Sorry about that last one, I was stumped and needed some comic relief. :P

#13 question:
Answer: No. No. Yes. Yes. ?
Comment: I said it is antigen grrr :evil: :lol: I love the last question :lol:
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby alextemplet » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Is it a protein?
Is it analogous to white blood cells in humans?
Is it an antibody?
Is it a T-cell?
Does it love rock and roll? :P

Please forgive my ignorance; I'm really quite clueless about immunology!
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)


Postby Dr.Stein » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:58 am

alextemplet wrote:Is it a protein?
Is it analogous to white blood cells in humans?
Is it an antibody?
Is it a T-cell?
Does it love rock and roll? :P

Please forgive my ignorance; I'm really quite clueless about immunology!

#14 question:
Answer: YES. No. NO! NOOO!
Comment:
1. Don't waste your time by repeating previously asked question :P
2. Things that capable to induce immune response is protein 8)
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby February Beetle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:41 pm

Is it found in all Arthropods (or most)?
Is it found in a phyla other than Arthropods?
Is it coagulase?
Is it produced by a bacteria that are in animals?
Is it produced by the animal's themselves?
Image

Man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. - Henry Benson
User avatar
February Beetle
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:47 am
Location: Kansas

Postby Linn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Does it have any thing with a virus?
protein of virus?
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these".

~ George washington Carver
User avatar
Linn
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:53 am
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Postby victor » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Is it Lectin??
is it have an (R) or (L) enantiomer? :lol:
is it Dextrorotatory or Levorotatory? :lol:
is it a rasemic molecule? :lol:
is it a diastereomery one to another?:lol:
do it has C compound?? :lol:

I stick on chemie...:lol: :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.
User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..

Postby alextemplet » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 am

My nonexistant knowledge of immunology has been exhausted, rendering me completely clueless. :cry:
Generally speaking, the more people talk about "being saved," the further away they actually are from true salvation.

~Alex
#2 Total Post Count
User avatar
alextemplet
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 5599
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: South Louisiana (aka Cajun Country)

Postby Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:46 am

February Beetle wrote:Is it found in all Arthropods (or most)?
Is it found in a phyla other than Arthropods?
Is it coagulase?
Is it produced by a bacteria that are in animals?
Is it produced by the animal's themselves?

#15 question:
Answer: Yes. No. No. Yes
Comment: phyla = plural, phylum = singular :P
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 am

victor wrote:Is it Lectin??
is it have an (R) or (L) enantiomer? :lol:
is it Dextrorotatory or Levorotatory? :lol:
is it a rasemic molecule? :lol:
is it a diastereomery one to another?:lol:
do it has C compound?? :lol:

I stick on chemie...:lol: :lol:

#16 question:
Answer: No. Aaaargh unfortunately I have no idea on your questions :oops: Sorry :roll: :?
Comment: After I reveal the answer, I want you to check it for me :D :P
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby Dr.Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:51 am

alextemplet wrote:My nonexistant knowledge of immunology has been exhausted, rendering me completely clueless. :cry:

Actually this thing does not only belongs to Immunology. It relates to wider fields ;)
Happy guessing :D
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby victor » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:49 pm

Ok, I'll check it if you provide me with a spectrometre NMR and infrared spectrometre together with their manuals... :lol:
I think you'll deal with those alpha-helix things again...hahahaha :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.
User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron