Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.
Yeah I'm not really all that science smart, But I have read that in certain people the body is able to obtain more energy from food or drink than the average person. This could be part of the reason you shock so much stuff. It's just that your bodys' cells can absorb and conduct surrents better than most people. My Question is if thats true (likely not please correct me if I;m wrong!) what allows a persons make-up to do that? Is it just genetic or could something else affect it?
Well i guess that depends on the person and requires a study. From a scientifical point of view, i don't think you can prove it.
However, what i can tell you is that there is no relation between the efficiency of your digestive system and the so-called bioelectric current. Having more energy under the form of glucose in your body has absolutely no relation with this. This is kinda a mith that you will have more "energy" propagated by people that really understand what energy is
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter
There ya go. 1 million reward if he finds you psychic. Hope that covers your phones.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Maybe for a year it'd cover phones and cleaners, but the IRS has to have his share.
I'm not saying I'm psychic, although I'm pretty good at picking horses on Derby Day. I'm just saying I can drain batteries, blow-up small appliances, and kill new computers. That's not normal... I don't know, maybe there's nothing to it, but at least I'm not alone.
GXCori, you should always ground yourself when working on computers.
As far as the rest of you are concerned, YOU'RE FREAKS. No, just kidding. The majority of the things you're mentioning can be explained by static electricity. The insulation in your house, the types of clothes you wear, the types of shoes you wear, your carpet and furniture, the electrical wiring of your house, can all influence the static charge of electricity around your body.
This electricity isn't coming from nowhere.
It's possible that iron content and pH in your body are slightly skewed, adding to the effect as well. Does the geology of your area have high concentrations of iron, copper, or other conductive metals?
Electromagnetic fields of everything you touch will alter your static charge.
I'd suggest a couple of simple things
a) having the wiring of your house checked
b) using a different fabric softener
c) wearing some shoes that will allow some transference of charge.
Other than that, I'd suggest taking a close look at your daily life, and what surfaces your body is coming in contact with (primarily your bed, furniture, and clothing).
What did the parasitic Candiru fish say when it finally found a host? - - "Urethra!!"
The floors in my office are tile and the floors in my home are commercial grade, short pile carpet or wood. I've always touched wood before I touch any metal or human. I've actually thrown sparks when touching a light switch. My clothes are cotton and I don't like fabric softner.
I live in state that produces a great deal of coal... but very little copper or conductive metal. I realize that you're looking for a reasonable and sensible solution, but sometimes freak is what sums it up best. Personally, my family is full of freaks; my mother and brother have a lot of acid in their blod and can eat the winding stems and the backs off of watches. So, hey, I say well, that's OK.
I guess as long as I don't spontaneously combust or short myself out, I'll be fine.
hello! i was researching online about human effects on light sources because i TOO had this happen to me! i was in a small room with my therapist and i became emotional and high strunge and the lights began to flicker randomly. i asked if they had been flickering earlier and she said no it never happens. when i stand near my radio in my room it will lose reception and sound fuzzy until i move away. i can shock people like most people can so that isnt weird, whats weird is that when im emotional it effects the light source around me. i was driving home at night and i was behind an ambulence at a stop light. there were no other cars or people around. the light inside the ambulence was on and i could see an older lady looking down at the person on the stretcher. i had a fixed stare at her trying to read her emotion and i blinked. the light inside the ambulence turned off. i blinked again and when i opened my eyes the light in the ambulence was on. it was a very strange phenominon/coincidence. anyways, i need more scientific info if humans can effect electrical light sources like lamps etc.
Science has never failed to explain "PARANORMALITY"
and for what it has not ..........it soon will
c-type cytochromes may be capable of long-range electron transport and thus are being considered as components of electron transfer/energy storage devices. The electron transport mechanism requires the binding of a small porphyrin-like molecule to initiate the electron transfer. In order to determine the likely binding sites on the surface of c-type cytochromes, the electrostatic potential of cytochrome c7 taken from Geobacter sulfurreducens (Protein Data Bank entry 1OS6) and horse heart cytochrome c7 (Protein Data Bank entry 1HRC) were calculated by solving the Poisson-Boltzmann equation using Delphi, a program that is integrated into the Chimera molecular modeling program. These calculations allow the identification of electron-rich or electron-poor sites that should contribute to binding. Results with model 1HRC showed good agreement with literature values, validating the charge and radii parameters chosen for the calculation. The overall surface of cytochrome c7 in model 1OS6 is positively charged by the amino acid lysine (Lys) (electron poor). The amino acids aspartic acid and glutamic acid contribute to the negative charge (electron rich) of the 1OS6 model. One possible binding site is located near Lys-64, Lys-52, and Lys-9. Another possible binding site is near Lys-37, Lys-33, and Lys-29. These areas are been considered as binding sites because the surface may provide prophyrin-like molecules large enough areas to bind. The ability to determine which parts of the c-type cytochrome are involved in the binding will lead to an improved understanding and control of the electron transfer process.
http://www.scied.science.doe.gov/scied/ ... 6/chem.htm
I do not know why, but I can use up to eight packs of battries a day, at work. I use a walkie talkie to talk to other staff, and some times the battries do not last five minutes.
This happens mostly if there is a storm in the area. It also happens when there is no moon or a full moon. All other appliances run with out any problem. The Dell, the coffee maker, my car, and any other item that uses electricy. Just my Walkie Talkie. I have tried three or more brands, and the results are the same. Can any one please tell me why.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests