Biology-Online • View topic - help! biology terms needed!

Join for Free!
122498 members

help! biology terms needed!

Discussion of all aspects of cellular structure, physiology and communication.

Moderator: BioTeam

help! biology terms needed!

Postby x3 dark love » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:54 pm

what is a Clevage Furrow and a Cytoplasmic bridge?
things might not be spelled correctly, but that's how my teacher (Quaderer) typed and printed them out..
User avatar
x3 dark love
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: Chesaning

Postby Carolynparsons » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:25 pm

cytoplasmic bridge (= plasmodesmata) Thin strand of cytoplasm linking cells as in higher plants, Volvox , between nurse cells and developing eggs, and between developing sperm cells. Unlike gap junctions, allows the transfer of large macromolecules.

The cleavage furrow is an actin rich "purse string" that draws tight to separate daughter cells to complete cytokinesis in cell division.
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:15 pm

Postby Poison » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 pm

Good search, but not enough.
Cytoplasmic bridge does not only mean plasmodesmata . It is also a way of exchanging genetic materials.
It matters not how strait the gate
How charged with punishment the scroll
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.
User avatar
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
Posts: 2322
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:44 pm
Location: Turkey

Return to Cell Biology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest