4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Please recommend me books for studying these topic.
1. Non-chordata and chordata
2. Classfication and relationship of varous phyla upto sub-classes; Acoelomata and Coelomata; Protostomes and Deuterostomes, Bilateralia and Radiata; Status of Protista, Parazoa, Onychophora and Hemichordata; Symmetry.
3. Protozoa : Locomotion, nutrition, reproduction; evolution of sex; General features and life history of Paramaecium, Monocystis, Plasmodium, and Leishmania.
4. Porifera : Skeleton, canal system and reproduction.
5. Coelenterata : Polymorphism, defensive structures and their mechanism; coral reefs and their formation; metagenesis; general features and life history of Obelia and Aurelia.
6. Platyhelminthes : Parasitic adaptation; general features and life history of Fasciola and Taenia and their relation to man.
7. Nemathelminthes : General features, life history and parasitic adaptation of Ascaris; nemathelminths in relation to man.
8. Annelida : Coelom and metamerism; modes of life in polychaetes; general features and life history of nereis (Neanthes), earthworm (Pheretima) and leach (Hirudinaria).
9. Arthropoda : Larval forms and parasitism in Crustacea; vision and respiration in arthropods (prawn, cockroach and scorpion); modification of mouth parts in insects (cockroach, mosquito, housefly, honey bee and butterfly); metamorphosis in insects and its hormonal regulation; social organization in insects (termites and honey bees).
10. Mollusca : Feeding, respiration, locomotion, shell diversiy; general features and life history of Lamellidens, Pila and Sepia, torsion and detorsion in gastropods.
11. Echinodermata : Feeding, respiration, locomotion larval forms; general features and life history of Asterias.
12. Protochordata : Origin of chordates; general features and life history of Branchiostoma and Herdamania.
13. Pisces : Scales, respiration, locomotion, migration.
14. Amphibia : Origin of tetrapods; parental care, paedomorphosis.
15. Reptilia : Origin of reptiles; skull types; status of Sphenodon and crocidiles.
16. Aves : Origin of birds; flight adaptation, migration.
17. Mammalia : Origin of mammals; denitition; general features of egg-laying mammals, pouched-mammals, aquatic mammals and primates; endocrine glands and other hormone producing structures (pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pancreas, gonads) and their interrelationships.
18. Comparative functional anatomy of various systems of vertebrates (integument and its derivatives, endoskeleton, locomotory organs, digestive system, respiratory system, circulatory system including heart and aortic arches; urino-genital system, brain and sense organs (eye and ear).
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests