Switch to full style
About microscopic forms of life, including Bacteria, Archea, protozoans, algae and fungi. Topics relating to viruses, viroids and prions also belong here.
Post a reply

Growth on metal pot?!

Wed May 30, 2012 5:36 am

I have a pretty good idea of how it grew and an idea of what it may be, im scared to come in contact with it, yet i would like to know its name, if its a biohazard, and proper way of removal....
- Thanks
Travis Nolan

Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 am

If you have an idea what it could be, would you mind to share it with us?

Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 am

I would but I don't want to sound like an idiot, but i know a few details of what occured in that sink the day prior to the discovery. I know it grew at a rapid pace, with in 24 hours. The pot previously before the growth had been used to cook rice in. The final and largest key factor (in my prediction) that spurred its growth was that I mistakenly left my crawfish unaerated in a bucket of water for seven hours. Ignorantly, believeing they would still alive in this stagnate water, I poured the water out of the bucket into the sink getting some of the water into the pot. As i viewed the crawfish five out of six were dead and were decaying as small clear decomposers were feasting on them.

Re: Growth on metal pot?!

Wed May 30, 2012 10:27 am

Highly doubtful it's anything of concern. Clean up after yourself.

Re: Growth on metal pot?!

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 am

Well anything that is growing on my cooking ware that's unidentifiable is a high concern to me, it's like if you don't know the difference between venomous and non venomous snakes you probely don't want to be touching snakes on the ground. On the the other hand I'm really intrested in what the name of this growth is, what caused it to grow and how should I remove it. I'm not going to doubt that the snake is non venomous.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:18 pm

maybe some kind of mold, be sure to clean your pot and dont have any food debri left on it.Soak it in warm water with detergent, and scrub, you can use chlorine also. ;)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Agree with michi - this is very probably nothing and may not even by of microbial origin. Clean your dishes,

Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 am

It's possible that it could be some type of mold, but it's defiantly something, for it does grow. The world can rely on the word probably, I know some one knows what this is, I may even just give up and take it to the lab and in form every body later. I'm sorry if I'm on the wrong forum, some one please let me know if I am, even tho I don't think I can repost it on another.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:52 am

Mold does grow :D
If you really want to know the identity of that organism you should really go to the lab and do series of tests if its deadly or not.
...and to stop your agony.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 am

To the lab I shall go, then I will in form I'm ignorant self.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Deadly ? Please don;t be so melodramatic - this is just poor kitchne hygiene.


Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:03 pm

JorgeLobo wrote:Deadly ? Please don;t be so melodramatic
Let me scrape of a small piece, put it into liquid form, I'll ship it to you. Then drip one drop of the liquid into both eyes BID and we shall record the results every hour via FaceTime. Only after you sign a contract.
JorgeLobo wrote:this is just poor kitchne hygiene.
If you call letting your pots sit over night in soap and water poor kitchen hygiene, then you are showing me that soap could also be a variable to configuring its growth when I go to the lab. Yet it's valid that poor kitchen hygiene was at play due to my concern to save my crawfish and forgetting to clean the sink and cooking ware after I contaminated them with the stagnate water. Thank you
Post a reply