Discussion of everything related to the Theory of Evolution.
I never said Dawkins is an idiot. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Bro, you speak for yourself, not everyone else. No one else made you their speaker.
Debate the facts bro. That is the purpose of this forum. You are trying to stop the debate and intimidate me off of this forum. Im not going anywhere. If its anyone who needs to go, its you who keeps trying to insult people.
Go eat some pie or something.
I would appreciate you could be true to your word, and go bash your head against a rock.
-facts, observed events, plausible explanations, and solid evidence
You realize, that the circle is quite interesting, because it would mean, that we move these 5% closer and 5% futher from sun? So we should burn and freeze twice a year
Can you explain more your math?
Cis or trans? That's what matters.
It really isnt something I'm soming up with, but a response to Gavin's video.
Basically, our present path around the sun aides in the passage of seasons. As we know, the path is elliptical and, at both far ends of the ellipse, we move farther away from the sun. However, this is not what I am referring to.
I will make myself clear with this: If the shape of our current path were expanded or contracted 5%, then we would either freeze or overheat.
I must admit this: I should look up the figure, if there is any, to see if mine compares. I was merely using this as a rebuttal to Gavin's video. In the video, the (presumed) evolutionist is insulting a creationist on his estimate in saying that if we move 5%, we would either burn or freeze. The evolutionists responded to this by saying that the reality of the creationists distance was 35%, or 50 billion meters. He essentially sais that 50 billion meters is 35% of our distance from the sun. 50 billion meters=80 million miles. Our distance from the sun is 92 million miles. 80 million miles is far above the 35%, and far above the distance this planet would need to move in order to overheat or freeze.
As a comparison, I offered the 5% creationists estimate in the video, which was 4.6 million miles. The 5% is not my math, but the one from the video. I was simply bringing clarification where the evolutionist had his math wrong and misinterpreted the 5%.
-facts, observed events, plausible explanations, and solid evidence
Tomm, your conversion from the metric went the wrong way. 50 billion metres is about 31 million miles, which is about ⅓ the distance to the sun. By "habitable zone", scientists mean habitable for life, not specifically human life. Bacteria have been found living in hot springs and Antarctic ice.
Tomn, you do not hesitate to lie about such easily findable thing?
The distance of Earth from Sun differs in accordance to where Earth is, but let's say, it is about 150 000 000 km far away. (I write it fully because of the confusion between American and British billion) How much of it is 35%? The answer is here. How much is it? Ah, yeah, about 50 000 000 km AKA 50 billions meters.
Cis or trans? That's what matters.
In addition to what Jackbean has already said:
First of all, the distance between the Earth and Sun has been changing over time: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090331021903AAGTAqk
Second of all, to say that all conditions are perfect for life to exist on Earth is a selection bias. If conditions were not so, then either we wouldn't be around to make such a statement, or life could have evolved to adapt to these conditions. From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle): "Critics argue in favor of a weak anthropic principle (WAP) similar to the one defined by Brandon Carter (see variants), which states that the universe's ostensible fine tuning is the result of selection bias, i.e. in the long term, only survivors can observe and report their location in time and space".
First I want to start off by reminding you that evolution and Darwinism are two different things, even though Darwinism is based off of evolving. It seemed to me when I was reading your replies, that you may not remember that. I also need to remind you, that evolution is the conclusion of almost all scientific data, and has basically been used to "prove" other theories wrong. No, evolution is not proven, it is based on scientific research. You cannot base a drawing on a tree, and then say that the tree is proof that your drawing exists.. if you get my drift? So technically, Tomn, your attempts to scientifically disprove evolution are in vain, and I say that as a fellow christian. Simply accept that the way to view evolution, is as conclusion of data, and not as a theory people may use to disprove your religion. Thank you for fighting so hard, but really you're just fighting in vain. Must I remind you you're in a thread full of scientists, teachers and experts? You cannot disprove science with science. Don't try it again, alright? The "theory" of evolution adapts, it is not one solid theory. It is based off of (most likely) thousands of other theories.. So even if you disprove a single theory, you still have four thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine more to go.
Sources? No sources, but look this information up yourself.
-14 year old kid
Why Does Ancient Art Contain Depictions Of Flying Aircraft, Helicopters And Dinosaurs?
http://thetruthwins.com/archives/why-do ... -dinosaurs
Fact Check: Did Bill Nye Tell A Huge Lie About The Fossil Layers?
http://thetruthwins.com/archives/fact-c ... sil-layers
Does A Belief In Evolution Lead To Racism?
http://thetruthwins.com/archives/does-a ... -to-racism
44 Reasons Why Evolution Is Just A Fairy Tale For Adults
http://thetruthwins.com/archives/44-rea ... for-adults
HERE ARE JUST 12 POINTS THAT ARE EXTRA ORDINARY- That Show the Bible is Accurate... Of the thousands of evidence, here is what I love the most..................
Either what JESUS said was false, and you can dismiss the information, OR, if he was telling the truth, there IS a HEAVEN or Hell waiting for us. God LOVED US all so much, Jesus suffered the eternal fire for us...
1. The Bible is Divinely inspired. It touches on an astounding remarkable amount evidence of History ,Science, Mathematics AND Medicine to the finest detail. It also has embedded Numeral Mathematics within the words, as well as THOUSANDS of Bible codes threaded within and throughout the BIBLE. (The Bible Codes and Mathematics only work in the original word of the Bible, not the modern translations) How can you possibly write a book (of 40 authors) that reads on the surface fluently, and has THOUSANDS of Modern Bible Codes, AND on top of that Multiple places of Mathematics present?
2. Jesus had to be born through a particular family line as it was prophecied in the Old Testiment. Jesus would have NO CONTROL over that. They have calculated the odds of that actually happening - 10 To the 2nd Power (1 in 10,000) Jesus would be a Descendant of David
3.Prophecy Tells US GOD Picked the City of Bethlehem for The Messiah to be Born in. Jesus would have No CONTROL over this. They calculated the odds of this - 10 to 5th Power (1 Chance in 100,000) Jesus would be born in Bethlehem
4.The Uniqueness of God is shown in his consistency. In everything he does, he wants to lead people TO HIM. For 1000 years followers of the holy Bible Scriptures came to Bethlehem and celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles. In Leviticus 23 it tells us those people, as well as many Chrstians today are to celebrate this festival in humble ways such as living in tents remembering what the deliverance of Gods people out of slavery in Egypt, in the exodus. AND ASTONISHINGLY, Faithful believers knew that their Messiah would be born DURING this festival in Bethlehem. They knew someday their messiah would be born during this festival. AND HE WAS!! It is amazing that Gods Festivals all SIGNIFY important events in history that show himself. Jesus will COME BACK on Feast of Trumpets some day. So we watch for that day at the Mount of Olives.
5. An astonishing 668 prophecies have been fulfilled and none have ever been proven false . An honest study of biblical prophecy will compellingly show the divine authorship of the Bible. Jesus fulfilled over 300 messianic prophecies written in the Old Testament scriptures. Prophecies have come to pass regarding events around the world. Isn't that amazing?
6. There are 2,000 prophecies that discuss past events which have come to pass (proven correct), future prophecies and 300 prophecies (ALL proven correct and detailed) on the implications about the life, INCLUDING the death, and resurrection of Jesus. No other religion has specific, repeated, and unfailing fulfillment of predictions many years in advance of contingent events over which the predictor had no control.Buddha didn't rise from the dead, nor did Confucius or Zoroaster. Muhammad didn't fulfill detailed prophecy. Alexander the Great didn't raise the dead or heal the sick. And though there is far less reliable information written about these "religious" leaders, they are believed in and followed by millions.
7. The Messiah would have had 456 identifying characteristics. Jesus had them all.
8.Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah. Twelve different classes representing some 600-university students worked out the estimates. 1 in (10 157POWER) that one man could fulfill even 48 (F O U R T Y - e i g h t ) of these Old Testament prophecies.
JUST REMEMBER THAT JESUS FULLFILLED OVER 300! Finally, he submitted his figures for review to a committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks, Chicago: Moody Press, 1969, 4).
9. Jesus DID NOT manipulate events to fulfill prophecy Such as The Place of the Messiah’s birth (Micah 5:2). , The Date of the Messiah’s birth (Daniel 9:25). Manner of birth of the Messiah (Isaiah 7:14), The Manner of death of the Messiah (Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 22:16 prophesied before the invention of crucifixion). , Piercing in side of that Messiah (Zechariah 12:10).The Details of the Burial of the Messiah(Isaiah 53:9).Executers dividing up Jesus’s clothes after he died on the cross
10. MILLIONS of Muslims are seeing dreams of JESUS and ARE Converting to Christianity. It shows that Yeshua Jesus cares about ALL people, and wants NONE to parish.
11. AN EARTHQUAKE and an Eclipse Happened while Jesus was dying on the cross...Sited by MANY NON Biblical Sources (13 in total) It did HAPPEN! The darkness was noted all around the world! It happened from 12 noon to 3 pm when Jesus died.
12. The Holy Temple Had A Curtain Seperating the Holy Place where GOD dwelled. At the Very moment of Jesus's Death the Curtain was torn in half. The Remarkable thing, CHECK out the measurments of this Curtain- The curtain was 60 feet in height, 30 feet in width and 4 inches thick
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest