Debate and discussion of any biological questions not pertaining to a particular topic.
Well, there are a few reasons I can think of why the teacher used alcohol on the student...
First of all, alcohol is a germicide so it would kill bacteria on the affected area. The initial effects of alcohol rubbed onto the skin is a cooling and drying sensation. Alcohol is commonly wiped onto the skin to reduce a fever (my mother used to do this to me when I was a child). Rubbing alcohol dilates blood vessels when it is massaged vigorously into the skin. This is why sports massage therapists rub down their clients after hard workouts with it. The massaging breaks down lactic acid buildup and increases blood flow to the area (which causes the heat everyone is referring to). The teacher probably thought it would be the best way to help bring blood flow back to the areas that were tingling/asleep.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests