Login

Join for Free!
118255 members


erythroblastosis fetalis

Human Anatomy, Physiology, and Medicine. Anything human!

Moderator: BioTeam

Postby Dr.Stein » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:17 pm

2810712 wrote:What is the mechanism for IgG to get into the fetus?
Probably it is forced into the blood of fetus though the fenistrations in the maternal capillaries , so the size , shape and molecular wt. all matter.

M I RIGHT???

hrushikesh

From a bleeding during the delivery. So far it was stated that IgG come into fetus via maternal-fetal circulatory system and it was not true.
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby MrMistery » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:02 pm

From what i know IgG do come into the fetus via the circulatory sistem... That is the reason why the child dies in the first part of pregnancy. If what you say were true, the child would live.
It is true that blood cells do get inside the body of the mother at the first baby via bleeding during delivery
"As a biologist, I firmly believe that when you're dead, you're dead. Except for what you live behind in history. That's the only afterlife" - J. Craig Venter
User avatar
MrMistery
Inland Taipan
Inland Taipan
 
Posts: 6832
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: Romania(small and unimportant country)

Postby victor » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:20 am

Hey, I've read that beside IgG that comes to the fetus, There's also IgM which can be activated if there's any antigen infection.
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.
User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..


Postby Dr.Stein » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:19 pm

MrMistery wrote:From what i know IgG do come into the fetus via the circulatory sistem... That is the reason why the child dies in the first part of pregnancy. If what you say were true, the child would live.
It is true that blood cells do get inside the body of the mother at the first baby via bleeding during delivery

In erythroblastosis foetalis, the first baby is usually safe and live, because first, the contact with IgG will be happened just right when it has just been delivered. Second, the level of that IgG is just in a little number. In the second and subsequent pregnancy the level will increase and yes it will pass through placenta.

victor: IgM is the 'ancient' immunoglubulin family. All that fetus has is IgM. In the development, further exposure to antigens, it will switch into IgG, IgE, or IgA depends on the purpose. IgM also appears in acute disease, after few hours or days it will switch into, mostly IgG. The clinical examination of IgM and IgG can be used to determine whether the patient is still in acute phase or chronic phase of her/his disease, respectively.
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby victor » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:23 am

Hmm...it's just like IgM is the master of all Igs...(maybe because of it's pentamer valency 10 structure)
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.
User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..

Postby Dr.Stein » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:35 pm

It is NOT a master, it is just an initial, an ancient type. IgM cannot do anything if it doesn't switched into proper IgG, IgE, or IgA. Those three types are more professional on their own purpose.
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby iri_black » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:56 pm

victor wrote:IgE act as the fast response allergic because it's contained in basophyll
.


Related to the IgE activity, why some people are more sensitive to alergens than other? Does this have to do whith the quantity or the activity of basophylls.
Some allergies can be kept under control with certain vaccins. Does anyone know if theis vaccins contain IgE?
User avatar
iri_black
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:33 am
Location: Romania(that same small, unimportant country)

Postby Dr.Stein » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:20 pm

I am not sure IgE is contained in basophil. Immunoglobulins are produced by B cells... :wink:
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby iri_black » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:47 am

Ok, sorry about that :( .
But can you answer my question? Why some people are more sensitive to allergens?
User avatar
iri_black
Coral
Coral
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:33 am
Location: Romania(that same small, unimportant country)

Postby victor » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:08 pm

Dr.Stein wrote:I am not sure IgE is contained in basophil. Immunoglobulins are produced by B cells... :wink:


Maybe produced by B-cells but complexed with basophils membrane.
Oh, yes, IgM also can be switched into IgD....so, that's why immature B-cells contain many IgM....because they're still not a professionals yet.. :lol:
Q: Why are chemists great for solving problems?
A: They have all the solutions.
User avatar
victor
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia..

Postby Dr.Stein » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:06 am

Naah, IgD never exists alone, and it's not a switched version from IgM, IgD always present with IgM, because there is no switching point from IgM to IgD.

This is a simple schematic of the switching points:

---IgM---IgD---*---IgG---*---IgA---*---IgE---

* = switching point

IgM/D -/-> IgD
IgM/D ---> IgG
IgM/D ---> IgA
IgM/D ---> IgE
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Postby Dr.Stein » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:30 am

victor: IgE is produced by plasma cell and being attached to cells which have a receptor for it, called FCεRI, such as mast cells, basophils, eosinophils ;)

iri_black wrote:Ok, sorry about that :( .
But can you answer my question? Why some people are more sensitive to allergens?

Allergens actually are harmless antigens (innocuous), e.g. pollens, clothes, chitin, etc, but to certain people, they become harmful and even deadly things. Allergic reactions occur when an individual produces IgE in response to such innocuous antigen(s), and subsequently encounters the same allergen(s). Their 'sensitive' IgE, which mainly attach on mast cells membrane surfaces, recognize those antigens and then stimulate mast cells activation and degranulation.
Image
User avatar
Dr.Stein
King Cobra
King Cobra
 
Posts: 3501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:58 am
Location: 55284 Yogyakarta, Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Human Biology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest