table of contents
This article provides answers to many of the questions medical students ask …
Home » Biology Articles » Careers » Responses to Questions About the Specialty of Family Practice as a Career » References
- Responses to Questions About the Specialty of Family Practice as a Career
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Kansas City, Mo.: The Academy, 1993; AAFP reprint no. 300. Retrieved May 1999 from the World Wide Web: http://www.aafp.org/about/300_c.html.
- Institute of Medicine, Division of Health Manpower and Resources Development. A manpower policy for primary health care: report of a study. Washington, D.C.: National Academy of Sciences, 1978:30.
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Family physician workforce reform: recommendations of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Kansas City, Mo.: The Academy, 1995; AAFP reprint no. 305a.
- Facts about family practice, 1998. Kansas City, Mo.: American Academy of Family Physicians, 1998.
- Owens A. Are you taking enough time off? Med Econ 1990;67:54,58-62,66.
- Rice B. Winning times for primary care physicians. Med Econ 1997;74:88-90,85-6,99.
- Dunevite B. Physician compensation stays flat for a second year. MGMA Update 1998;37:1,9.
- Carlson RP. How salary trends are affecting family practice. Fam Pract Management 1996;3:22-9.
- Scherger JE, Beasley JW, Gaebe GI, Swee DE, Kahn NB, Rodney WM. Responses to questions about family practice as a career. Am Fam Physician 1992;46:115-25.
- Fellowship directory for family physicians. Kansas City, Mo.: American Academy of Family Physicians, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, 1998.
- Harper MB, Mayeux EJ Jr, Pope JB, Goel R. Procedural training in family practice residencies: current status and impact on resident recruitment. J Am Board Fam Pract 1995;8:189-94.
- Driscoll CE, Rakel RE, eds. Patient care procedures for your practice. Oradell, N.J.: Medical Economics, 1988.
- Gordon PR, Weiss BD. Family physicians' colposcopy practices. J Am Board Fam Pract 1992; 5:27-30.
- Rodney WM, Prislin MD, Orientale E, McConnell M, Hahn RG. Family practice obstetric ultrasound in an urban community health center. Birth outcomes and examination accuracy of the initial 227 cases. J Fam Pract 1990;30:163-8.
- Hocutt JE Jr, Corey GA, Rodney WM. Nasolaryngoscopy for family physicians. Am Fam Physician 1990;42:1257-68.
- Rodney WM, Hocutt JE Jr, Coleman WH, Weber JR, Swedberg JA, Cronin C, et al. Esophagogastroduodenoscopy by family physicians: a national multisite study of 717 procedures. J Am Board Fam Pract 1990;3:73-9.
- Rodney WM. High tech is most effective when blended with high touch and vice versa: office technology in the 21st century [Editorial]. Fam Pract Res J 1991;11:235-9.
- Wadland WC, Havron AF, Garr D, Schneeweiss R, Smith M. National survey on hospital-based privileges in family practice obstetrics. Arch Fam Med 1994;3:793-800.
- Phillips WR. Diagnostic and screening procedures in family practice. Past, present, and future use. Arch Fam Med 1993;2:1051-7.
- Pfenninger JL, Fowler GC, eds. Procedures for primary care physicians. St. Louis: Mosby, 1994.
- Conner PD, Deutchman ME, Hahn RG. Training in obstetric sonography in family medicine residency programs: results of a nationwide survey and suggestions for a teaching strategy. J Am Board Fam Pract 1994;7:124-9.
- Zuber TJ, Pfenninger JL. Interspecialty wars over endoscopy. J Fam Pract 1993;37:21-2.
- Rodney WM. An approach to hospital privileges. Proc Skills Off Tech Bull 1997;10:106.
- Larimore WL, Griffin ER. Family practice maternity care in central Florida: increased income, personal satisfaction and practice diversity. Florida Fam Physician 1993;53:25-7.
- Rodney WM. Flexible sigmoidoscopy and the despecialization of gastrointestinal endoscopy. An environmental impact report. Cancer 1992;70(5 suppl);1266-71.
- Norris TE, Felmar E, Tolleson G. Which procedures should be taught in family practice residency programs? Fam Med 1997;29:99-104.
- Rodney WM. Family practice procedures [Letter]. J Fam Pract 1995;40:223-4.
- American Academy of Family Physicians reference manual, 1998-1999. Philosophical statement on the scope of family practice. Kansas City, Mo.: The Academy, 1998:33.
- American Board of Family Practice. Requirements for recertification. Retrieved May 1999 from the World Wide Web: http://www.abfp.org/recertif.htm.
- American Academy of Family Physicians' residency census survey. Kansas City, Mo.: The Academy, 1998; AAFP reprint no. 150. Retrieved May 1999 from the World Wide Web: http://www.aafp.org/resident/rep-150.html.
- Cantor JC, Baker LC, Hughes RG. Young physicians' views of their professional education. JAMA 1993;270:1035-40.
- Graduate medical education directory 1998-1999. Chicago: American Medical Association, 1998: 1043-4.
- Bowman MA. The quality of care provided by family physicians. J Fam Pract 1989;28:346-55.
- Schubiner H, Lannon C, Manfred L. Current positions of graduates of internal medicine-pediatrics training programs. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 1997;151:576-9.
- Kahn NB Jr, Schmittling G, Ostergaard D, Graham R. Specialty practice of family practice residency graduates, 1969 through 1993. A national study. JAMA 1996;275:713-5.
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Report on survey of 1997 graduating family practice residents. Kansas City, Mo.: The Academy, 1997; AAFP reprint no. 155-W.
- American Academy of Family Physicians. Delegates support Board Report G, "family physician workforce reform." In: 1998 congress summary. Retrieved May 1999 from the World Wide Web: http://www.aafp.org/MEMBERS/congress/1998/index.html.
- Seifer SD, Troupin B, Rubenfeld GD. Changes in marketplace demand for physicians: a study of medical journal recruitment advertisements. JAMA 1996;276:695-9.
- Miller RS, Dunn MR, Whitcomb ME. Initial employment status of resident completing training in 1995. JAMA 1997;277:1699-704.
- Physician characteristics and distribution in the United States 1997/98 ed. Chicago: American Medical Association, 1997-98.
- Holloway RL, Marbella AM, Townsend JM, Tudor JM, Tollison JW, Saultz JW, et al. Defining the need for faculty in family medicine: results of a national survey. Fam Med 1995;27:98-102.
- Kahn NB, Barnes ND. Family medicine faculty recruitment crisis of the '90s [Editorial]. Am Fam Physician 1996;53:1514-7.
- Task Force on Building Capacity for Research in Primary Care. Putting research into practice. Minneapolis: The Task Force, 1993:1-20.
- Vinson DC, Paden C, Devera-Sales A, Marshall B, Waters EW. Teaching medical students in community-based practices: a national survey of generalist physicians. J Fam Pract 1997;45:487-94.
- Nutting PA. Practice-based research networks: building the infrastructure of primary care research. J Fam Pract 1996;42:199-203.
- Burg B. Will you wind up on the unemployment line? Part I: what jobs are out there now. Med Econ 1995;72:170-6,181.
- Mangan D. Will you wind up on the unemployment line? Part II: which jobs will be there tomorrow. Med Econ 1995;72:186-8,195,199-200passim.
- Haq C, Ventres W, Hunt V, Mull D, Thompson R, Rivo M, et al. Where there is no family doctor: the development of family practice around the world. Acad Med 1995;70:370-80.
- Schulz R, Scheckler WE, Moberg DP, Johnson PR. Changing nature of physician satisfaction with health maintenance organizations and fee-for-service practices. J Fam Pract 1997;45:321-30.
- Kikano GE, Goodwin MA, Stange KC. Physician employment status and practice patterns. J Fam Pract 1998;46:499-505.
- Managed care. Is physician discontent beginning to boil? Med Econ 1997:74:40.
- California physician survey results of young physicians: more than 1100 young doctors reveal what they like and don't like about practicing medicine. Calif Phys 1995;12:22-35.
- Greenfield S, Rogers W, Mangotich M, Carney MF, Tarlov AR. Outcomes of patients with hypertension and non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus treated by different systems and specialties. Results from the medical outcomes study. JAMA 1995; 274:1436-44.
- Hueston WJ. Family physicians' satisfaction with practice. Arch Fam Med 1998;7:242-7.
- Eliason BC, Schubot DB. Personal values of exemplary family physicians: implications for professional satisfaction in family medicine. J Fam Pract 1995;41:251-6.
- Skolnik NS, Smith DR, Diamond J. Professional satisfaction and dissatisfaction of family physicians. J Fam Pract 1993;37:257-63.
rating: 0.00 from 0 votes | updated on: 28 Dec 2007 | views: 4938 |