The 10 Power Principles Of Successful Job Acquisition!
By: PAUL BOWLEY
Job acquisition has to be your priority. But, today there are two job marketplaces. One is the old-fashioned traditional marketplace of resumes, classified ads, website postings, agencies and recruiters, interviews and rejection letters.
The other is the hot fast-track job acquisition marketplace of career partners, contact banks, automated interviews, professional introductions, interactive dialogs, on-the-spot employment creation and savvy negotiations.
You see, the 21st Century job market has changed a lot. The old-fashioned ways of job acquisition mean that you could be looking for a job for months. Besides, expectations of both employers and job-seekers have moved in decidedly new directions. For example, employers expect job-seekers to know and understand corporate goals. They want prospects to demonstrate how they can contribute.
On the other hand, job opportunities are being created on the spot and the candidate can be part of the creation process. Above-average deals are the products of above average negotiations where "dollars" is only one part of the total package.
Most importantly, if you want to excel at job acquisition, if you want a superior job with more money, if you want to select your next job rather than settle for it, you must understand and embrace the dynamics of today's job marketplace.
We call this new dynamic as The 10 Power Principles of Your Job Acquisition Success! Here they are:
1. Run your job search like an entrepreneurial business using basic marketing strategies.
2. Identify your specific strengths, capabilities and key transferable skills.
3. Develop a compelling communication and presentation plan to position you as a highly attractive job candidate.
4. Identify and recruit personal contacts and career partners.
5. Research and target organizations that match your interests and skills. Identify specific decision-makers to approach.
6. Utilize various methods to arrange non-interview meetings with targeted decision-makers.
7. Practice and perfect assertive face-to-face communication techniques.
8. Master powerful closing and negotiating techniques.
9. Follow through and follow up on each employer contact.
10. Repeat the process to acquire multiple job offers so you can select your next job rather than settle for it.
Put these amazing job acquisition principles to work for and you guarantee your next job . . . and you can do it in a matter of days!
So, read everything you can get your hands on that will help you master these 10 principles. The small investment in time that you put into learning and understanding these exciting job acquisition techniques will pay huge dividends in the job marketplace . . . and put you light years ahead of the competition!